With the right WordPress SEO plugins and tools, you can achieve a significant boost in your site ranking and performance. Taking into consideration that search engines are a huge traffic source, optimizing your website content for search Engines is quite key, which is where SEO plugins and tools come in.
WordPress SEO plugins and tools will help you in optimizing your site content for better SEO scores. They also help your site be competitive. Without an SEO plugin, your website will not be highly competitive, compared to a website using an SEO plugin for optimization.
In this article, we will look into some of the best WordPress SEO plugins and tools that you can use in your site, in order to optimize your site performance.
Table Of Contents
Top WordPress SEO Plugins
Here are our top picks for WordPress SEO plugins that you can use within your website to boost the site SEO performance.
Yoast SEO plugin is one of the most used WordPress SEO plugins maintaining at least over 5 Million + active installations and also has a 5-star rating.
The plugin has user friendly options that make it easy to use. You can hence easily optimize your site for search engines and visitors as well.
Yoast Plugin contains a wide range of features. Some of these Include:
- Generating XML sitemaps and submitting them to Google
- Site Breadcrumbs control
- Enables you to edit the title and meta description to determine what people will see in search engines
- Content Readability analysis to ensure that search engines and users can read and understand your site content
- Enables you to add Open Graph metadata and also social network images to your content
- SEO Analysis
- Rich Schema.org integration
- Internal linking features
The plugin is available as free, premium or as a subscription.
|$99 /year||$229 /year|
All In One SEO Plugin
All In One SEO plugin is an easy and powerful WordPress SEO plugin used by over 3 million users.
It is one of the most user-friendly WordPress SEO plugins and has an easy setup wizard that enables site users to quickly setup their desired SEO settings.
The All In One SEO plugin is loaded with plenty useful features. Some of these include:
- On-page SEO optimization and analysis
- Link Assistant
- Local SEO optimization module
- WooCommerce SEO support
- Automatic WordPress XML sitemap generation
- Robots.txt editor
- Redirection manager that enables you setup proper redirects, for better SEO rankings
- Includes a Video sitemap generator
- Built-in Competitor site SEO Analysis
- Integrates Breadcrumb navigation
The All In One SEO plugin is available both as a free and premium plugin. The premium version has 4 plans as outlined below:
Rank Math Plugin
Rank Math is an excellent WordPress SEO plugin that enables you to easily optimize your WordPress site. The built-in Artificial Intelligence within the plugin also enables you to write SEO friendly content with high ranking possibilities.
The plugin also has a wide usage with at least over 1 million+ active installs.
The Rank Math plugin provides a wide range of features that you can utilize within your site, for better SEO scores. These include:
- A schema generator that makes it easy to add your desired structured data markup
- Integrates support for Local SEO optimization
- Integration of Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Adds support for Woocommerce SEO
- Content AI
- Internal Linking Suggestions
- SEO Analytics
- Compatibility with a large number of page builders such as Avada, Elementor, Beaver Builder,Oxygen Builder, WPBakery, Astra, Kadence,Page Builder Framework, Flothemes, OceanWP, Themify, Schema theme etc.
- LSI Keyword integration that enables you to add unlimited focus keyword variations
- Support for multisites
Rank Math is available both as a free and premium plugin with three plans available under the Premium plugin. Below is a price outline of these plans:
|$59 / Year||$199 / Year||$499 / Year|
SEOPress plugin is a powerful WordPress SEO plugin that helps you manage and optimize your site SEO and traffic.
The plugin is an all-in-one SEO plugin and hence you don’t need to add extra extensions to incorporate additional features such as schemas, site maps and managing redirects. You can also easily enable or disable features that you need to have in place in a single click.
- Faster Indexing with the help of the Google Indexing API, IndexNow API (Enables you ping Microsoft and Yandex).
- Built-in content analysis with unlimited keywords and that provides tips and advise upon analyzing content.
- Open Graph Support
- Enables you build custom XML sitemaps
- Redirect attachment pages to post parent or file URL in order to disable attachment pages
- Post/Page/Custom post type redirections
- Image SEO
- Enables you add business details in order to feature your content in the Google Knowledge Graph
- Google Analytics tracking
The SEOPress plugin is available both as a free and premium plugin. The premium version has three plans as outline below.
|SEOPress Pro||SEOPress Insights||SEOPress Bundle|
|$49 (unlimited sites)||$99 / site||$128 (unlimited sites)|
Broken Link Checker Plugin
Broken Link Checker is a WordPress SEO plugin that monitors and checks broken links in your website as well a help you fix them. This leads to an improvement in your site SEO.
Upon setup, the plugin will automatically check your site content for links in place. Once the links are identified, it then checks whether the identified links work or not. If there are links that do not work, these will be listed in the Broken Links tab in the admin panel. You can then carry out your desired action on the listed links, such as editing or unlinking.
- Helps in monitoring all links within your site
- Notifications once problematic links are found
- Easy detection of links that don’t work as well missing content such as images
- Helps in preventing search engines from crawling broken links
- Easy setup and configuration
- Search and Filter capability on links
The Broken Link Checker plugin is available for free.
Ahrefs SEO plugin is a WordPress SEO plugin that enables you to carry out content audits in your website to help you improve your sites’ SEO rankings.
The plugin has most features similar to what SEMRush provides.
- Backlink Analysis and Indexing
- Site auditing
- Google Analytics integration support
- Google Search Console Integration support
The plugin is available for free. However, in order to fully utilize the plugin features, you will need to subscribe to a premium plan. The available plans are as highlighted below.
Top SEO Tools
SEO tools enable you to optimize your site SEO in various ways such as enabling you check how your site is performing, identify areas that can be improved on and also provide insights on which sections in the site can benefit from some changes.
Below is a list of some of the tools that you can consider using.
Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a feature-rich tool provided by Google, that enables you add your site to Google Search Engine Result Pages as well as monitor its presence.
- Acts a communication tool in reporting Crawl errors.
- Tracks how many times that your site is backlinked.
- Enables you to see what Keywords a page is ranking for as well as its performance for example when it comes to impressions, clicks and Clickthrough Rate (CTR).
- Google Index reports that enable you see pages that are not getting indexed and those in Google’s index.
The tool is provided free by Google.
Google Keyword Planner
Google Keyword Planner is a tool that enables you to discover high-volume terms from Google.
This tool can be used by anyone but is mostly used by marketers. You can however use this tool to find Keyword Ideas that can be utilized in your online business
- Enables you find Keyword Ideas you can use in your site
- Provides search volume estimates on Keywords
The tool is provided free by Google.
KeywordTool.io is a keyword research tool that is used to find keyword ideas upon filling in a keyword and carrying out a search on it.
The tool uses the Google Autocomplete feature to provide the Keyword suggestions.
Upon carrying out a search, you can also have a view of metrics such as search volume, Average Cost-Per-Click and keyword trends upon upgrading to a paid plan.
- Competitor Keyword Analysis
- Enables you to easily identify Long-tail keywords
- Helps you rank better in other platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Google Play Store, Apple App Store and Amazon
The tool can be used for free but to utilize most metrics, you will need to subscribe to a paid plan of your preference. These plans are as tabulated below.
|Pro Basic||Pro Plus||Pro Business|
|$69 / month billed every 12 months||$79 / month billed every 12 months||$159 / month billed every 12 months|
Link Explorer is a link analysis tool that carries out a research on any website link and comes up with metrics about it.
With the help of this tool you can easily out SEO research. You can for example have a view of top pages by links as well as keywords by estimated clicks metrics.
- Monitors inbound links
- Helps in tracing broken links to your site
- Discover New and Lost links
- Domain Authority Checker
- Enables you to research your top performing content as well as your competitors
You can utilize a free moz account but this will have a limited number of searches that you can carry out. To fully enjoy the tool features, you will need to subscribe to a pro moz account.
The pro account has various plans as outlined below.
|$99 / month||$179 / month||$299 / month||$599 / month|
The plugins and tools that we have discussed within this article are what you can consider using to optimize your site for SEO. The list is however not limited to these. You can still use other tools available online based on your site needs.
These plugins and tools make WordPress SEO optimization seemingly easy, with some of them offering actual insights on what needs to be improved. You however also need to put in the effort to achieve your desired SEO results.
No CommentsLeave a comment Cancel