The default starter member directory template for the BuddyBuilder plugin comes with sections such as search filters. Search filter is used to display various members according to a specified setting or criteria of registered members in a site. This may be a very necessary feature to other members within the site when it comes to finding other members within the site. It mainly pulls results based on criteria such as the “last active” members, alphabetical listing of members among others. In this doc we will walk you through the process of adding such a filter and inserting it in the member’s directory template using BuddyBuilder and Elementor plugins. Simply follow the steps below to get started.
Step 1: Accessing BuddyBuilder Member Directory
This step involves accessing the BuddyBuilder Members Directory template. You can add the search filter in the default template or in any custom BuddyBuilder template. First you would need to access it via Elementor. To do so simply follow these steps:
- Go to your WP Admin > BuddyBuilder on the left panel.
- In the BuddyBuilder page, select your Member Directory Page Template.
- Next, click on “Edit Current”. This takes you to the frontend of elementor to edit the template you just selected.
Step 2: Editing BuddyBuilder Member Directory on Elementor
After that, you will then be redirected to Elementor’s frontend where you would need to edit the default member directory page.
From your BuddyBuilder Members page template, you should find two or three BuddyBuilder Elements on the live preview which are: Members Navigation, Members Filters and Members Listing. For this case we will use the filter module.
Throughout this tutorial we will not focus on the styling and layout, rather, we will focus on showing you how to edit the sorting & search element. You can always use elementor to style the filter as you like.
Therefore click on the Member’s filter section, it should then display its settings on the left panel of elementor. Under show & order settings:
- Select “Sort” to display the filter section only.
- In any case you want to show a search bar only, select “Search”
- Similarly if you want to display both search and sort, select “Search > Sort” or “Sort > Search”. The difference is noted on which side each should appear.